Research Article Analysis
The purpose of this assignment is for you to see how topics that we have talked about (and maybe things we will talk about soon) are used in creating a research article. You will find a quantitative research article that deals with either a 1 proportion z-test or a 1 sample t-test for means. If you find a 2 sample test or a chi-square test, that will be ok. You might have to think how that relates to what we are doing now.
Using the article you find - give a brief comment on all of the following:
- Who is the Population?
- How was the Sample Chosen
- Were the null and alternative Hypothesis mentioned? If so, what were they? If not, can you make sense of what they should be? If so, what should they be?
- What is the Parameter
- What test was used?
- How was the notation of the test used in the article?
- What were the results (i.e. the z or t value. The p value. Reject the null or fail to reject.)
- Summary of your thoughts?