Conspiracy Theories Research Project
Everybody loves a good conspiracy theory, and in the so-called Information Age we have plenty of conspiracy theories circulating over the Internet. The challenges for 21st century students and consumers of information is not in finding information about a conspiracy theory (or any topic for that matter), but how to decide what information is relevant and factual and what information is irrelevant and based on falsehoods. This is called Media Literacy. Your research paper will introduce you to the basic concepts of Media Literacy by academically researching a conspiracy theory and coming to a conclusion.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts of Media Literacy by academically researching a conspiracy theory
- Present your understanding through a paper based on the "They say, I say" model
1. Peruse the LibGuide and decide on a topic of interest.
2. Research your topic
3. Determine your three points to debate
4. Create six note cards
5. Write your research paper according to MLA Guidelines