Persuasive Issue Requirements
Persuasive Campaign Ad – Research Project
Objectives: Students will research a current issue in our society, learn to interpret information, choose a side of the issue, and effectively persuade that side through a traditional written research paragraph.
Timeline: Refer to unit calendar linked to the left! These dates are non-negotiable. If you do not complete the work listed on the day’s calendar, you are accountable for finishing at home.
Late Penalties: Your research paragraph will be deducted a letter grade for every day it is late. Monitor your time wisely—this will be a portion of your rubric
Laying the Foundation of Research Knowledge:
- Complete ResearchReady.com courses and accompanying quizzes. You will be taking notes while completing the online modules.
- Take Research Test on the information learned from ResearchReady.com and classroom lectures.
- You will browse the list of persuasive topics and pre-search in order to narrow down to your topic of choice.
- You will complete a graphic organizer examining the controversies and debates within your chosen topic.
- You will locate and record support for your claim on source/notecards.
- You will then write a persuasive paragraph using the evidence you have found to support one side of the issue, using quotations, lead-ins, and MLA citations.