Whitman & Dickinson Children's Picture Book Project
Objective: To read, understand, and analyze the works of Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson
- Choose one poem by each author (for a total of 2 poems).
- Thoroughly explicate each poem.
- Brainstorm the story components.
- Write an 8-10 page illustrated story for EACH poem.
- Incorporate FOUR literary elements (for example alliteration, onomatopoeia, symbolism, etc.) in each story.
- Include required appendices.
- Include two MLA style works cited pages citing the sources
- Illustrate and bind your stories separately for submission. Be sure to review and submit your rubric as well.
BE CREATIVE…HAVE FUN… and SHOW OFF YOUR IMAGINATION!
* See the project documents linked to the left for the fully detailed requirements.